At Bannister Honda we want your buying experience to be as straight forward as possible. We understand that our customers who are from outside of the Okanagan Valley, could have some questions regarding your purchase so we have detailed what you can expect from our dealership, and answers to our most common questions. If there is a question that you would like more detailed information on, one of our Sales Representatives are only a phone call or email away.
You will find us to be honest and upfront about every vehicle we show you. We will strive to exceed your expectations. We can forward you a CarProof, full reconditioning documents, mechanical inspection, extensive photos and video of each vehicle you may be inquiring about. Simply put, we disclose all information which is available to us, on to you.
Please click on one of the topics below to learn more
You only pay the tax of the province in which you live.
If you live outside of B.C., we do not have to charge PST if the following criteria are met:
- The Customer completes and signs a form FIN 440 (provided by us)
- We, the seller are responsible for obtaining the identification necessary (photo copy) to ensure that an individual purchasing a vehicle is not a B.C. Resident. We must have two pieces of ID as proof of residency. Acceptable forms of ID are as follows:
- Out of province Driver’s License
- Out of province Medical plan card
- Utility bill showing the address of service.
- Vehicle registration. We cannot accept the vehicle registration and driver’s License together as it does not prove residency
- NOTE… credit cards, social insurance cards or birth certificates are not acceptable identification.
If the customer is a resident of a province that has a PST (i.e. Saskatchewan, Manitoba, etc.) we only have to charge 5% GST if the customer is able to provide us the documentation outlined above. The customer will then need to pay their home Province tax (provincial PST) when they register the vehicle.
If the customer is a resident of a province that has HST (i.e. Ontario) we have two options.
- Charge 5% GST. In this case the customer will need to deal with the additional tax due when they try and register the vehicle in their province
- Charge the customer the applicable HST rate in their province.
- Calgary – $625
- Edmonton – $725
- Vancouver -$495
- Regina – $935