How to Get Your Car Ready For Summer Driving
Summer Auto Maintenance Tips
With winter behind us and summer on the way, now is the time to get your car ready for summer driving. The cold temperatures of winter can be extremely rough on your vehicle, as can the higher heat of summer. If you can prepare your car for the increased summer temperatures, you’ll have a better chance of getting the reliability you need on the road and be able to avoid an unwanted vehicle breakdown. With the following five tips on how to get your car ready for summer driving, you’ll have the maintenance tips you need to keep your car in top shape.
[You May Also Like: Importance of Summer Tires]
5 Tips to Get Your Car Ready for Summer in Vernon, BC
- Test Your Car Battery. After a long cold winter, your vehicle’s battery and its connections can take a beating. Before summer starts, you’re encouraged to have your car battery tested to ensure that it has enough life left for summer driving. It’s also a good idea to check your battery connections to make sure they are securely connected to the terminals.
- Check Your Fluids. The cold temperatures of winter can affect some of your car’s fluid levels. Before summer begins, it’s a good idea to check all your vehicle’s fluid levels and top any off that need it.
- Check Your Brakes. Before you start driving this summer, you’ll want to have your car’s brakes checked as they can take some serious abuse from winter driving. Brake components you should check include rotors and pads.
- Change Your Tires. With winter behind you and summer ahead, it’s recommended that you swap out your winter tires for summer tires.
- Change your Wipers. Snow and ice can easily damage your windshield wipers. Before summer starts, you should check your wipers to ensure that they are in good condition and if not, it’s a perfect time to change them.
When you’re ready to get your car checked out in preparation for summer driving, please visit or contact the automotive service department at Bannister Honda. Our professional service staff and technicians will take care of all your vehicle maintenance needs and get it ready for summer driving. We hope to see you soon!